Five Ways To Protect Your Precious EyesightHarsh Kumar
Preserving your eyesight is essentially important to maintain the quality of your life. Nowadays, there are many people all around the world who are suffering either from nearsightedness or farsightedness. Whatever the problem is, taking care of your eye health is important to preserve your eyesight.
Here are some preventive measures by Brickell optometrist that will help you preserve and improve your eyesight. Please have a look:
- Eat a Balanced Diet – This is undoubtedly a one of the best things that you can do to protect your eyesight. Your diet must be rich in fruits and vegetables if you are really concerned about your eyes or suffering from any kind of vision issues.
- Have a Sound Sleep – Insufficient sleep is one of the major reasons of poor eyesight these days. Eye Doctor Brickell recommends a minimum 8 hours of sleep for healthy eyes. Make sure to give your eyes a break of 10 minutes for every 50 minutes spent in front of a TV or computer screen.
- Exercise your Eyes– To keep eye problems at bay you must perform some sort of eye exercises daily. For instance, warming your eyes with your hands, rolling your eyes clockwise and counterclockwise and massaging your temples using your thumb knuckles will help.
- Quit Smoking– The people who smoke are at greater risk of developing cataracts, macular degeneration and other serious eye disorders in comparison to non-smokers.
- Get an Eye Test Annually– To keep your eyes in good health, it is recommended to get an eye exam at least a year. It will just take an hour and not more than that. Also, it will let you know if you need prescription glasses or contact lenses to preserve your vision.
Eyes on Brickell is a leading eye clinic in Miami, offering a wide range of Eyecare Services. Schedule an appointment today. We promise that you will never be disappointed with our dedicated services.